Patrícia holds a PhD in medical microbiology and infectious diseases from the Leiden University Medical Center, Netherlands, and completed a postdoctoral research fellowship at the Instituto de Medicina Molecular, Lisbon, Portugal. Her work in academia was mainly focused on molecular biology and the genetic traits of infectious agents such as viruses and parasites. Patrícia earned several travel awards to present her work at international scientific meetings. She is a published author of several peer-reviewed science articles.
Articles by Patrícia Silva
- Better treatment for rare diseases needed via compassionate use
- Trusting our instincts sometimes means avoiding health trends
- Rare disease medications among those with patient support programs
- How routine trips to the grocery store became therapy sessions
- Israeli company, hospital partner to develop ASOs for rare diseases