Vijaya Iyer is a freelance science writer for BioNews Services. She has contributed content to their several disease-specific websites, including cystic fibrosis, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, among others. She holds a PhD in Microbiology from Kansas State University, where her research focused on molecular biology, bacterial interactions, metabolism, and animal models to study bacterial infections. Following the completion of her PhD, Dr. Iyer went on to complete three postdoctoral fellowships at Kansas State University, University of Miami and Temple University. She joined BioNews Services to utilize her scientific background and writing skills to help patients and caregivers remain abreast with important scientific breakthroughs.
Articles by Vijaya Iyer
- AADC deficiency carriers found to be more than estimated in Sicily
- Learning to embrace the unexpected in life with AADC deficiency
- Gene therapy’s promise seen in its success for AADC deficiency
- Experts offer new guidance for patient care after Upstaza
- Learning the language of our child with AADC deficiency