Vijaya Iyer is a freelance science writer for BioNews Services. She has contributed content to their several disease-specific websites, including cystic fibrosis, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, among others. She holds a PhD in Microbiology from Kansas State University, where her research focused on molecular biology, bacterial interactions, metabolism, and animal models to study bacterial infections. Following the completion of her PhD, Dr. Iyer went on to complete three postdoctoral fellowships at Kansas State University, University of Miami and Temple University. She joined BioNews Services to utilize her scientific background and writing skills to help patients and caregivers remain abreast with important scientific breakthroughs.
Articles by Vijaya Iyer
- Most AADC deficiency patients fail to meet motor milestones: Analysis
- As AADC deficiency parents, we often felt like puppeteers
- Enzyme study may bring insights into AADC deficiency’s causes
- As I begin my life’s second half, I accept my shift to being a mentor
- Test of 3-OMD levels in infants may speed AADC deficiency diagnosis
- East Asian people found to have more variants in DDC gene: Study
- Celebrating the success of others in the AADC deficiency community
- How does dyskinesia relate to those who’ve had gene therapy?
- Severe symptom burden found for AADC deficiency patients in Taiwan
- How understanding ADHD helps us manage AADC deficiency issues